|Rhode Island State Vital Records
Rhode Island State Vital Records Office
Rhode Island Department of Health
Room 101, Cannon Building
3 Capitol Hill
Providence, RI 02908-5097
Records include birth, marriage, and death records since 1853.
Check out our FREE sample letter you can use to send to vital records offices!
Destination: Providence, Rhode Island
Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, 1636-65
1910 Rhode Island Census Index Online
Rhode Island Supreme Court Judicial Records Center
Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, 1636-1665
Rhode Island Census, 1774
Rhode Island Pensioners, 1835
Rhode Island Census, 1740-1890
Rhode Island Colonial War Servicemen, 1740-62
Rhode Island Births, 1636-1930
Rhode Island Marriages, 1636-1930
Rhode Island Deaths, 1630-1930
Providence, Rhode Island Directory, 1890
Pawtucket, Rhode Island Directories, 1890-92
Woonsocket, Rhode Island Directories, 1890-93
Westerly, Rhode Island Directories, 1888-90, 1892
Newport, Rhode Island Directories, 1887-92
Johnston, Rhode Island Directory, 1892
Westerly, Rhode Island City Directory 1879
Pawtucket and Central Falls, Rhode Island City Directories, 1894
Bristol, Warren, and Barrington Rhode Island City Directory, 1884
Family History Centers
- What is a Family History Center?
- Family History Centers are branches of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
- Centers provide access to many of the microfilms and microfiche in the Family History Library to help you identify your ancestors.
- Location and Hours
- There are more than 3,400 centers worldwide. To find a Family History Center near you, see the list of addresses below.
- Before you visit, you should contact the center to verify when it is open.
- Staff members will show you around the center, answer some research questions (research expertise in each center varies), help you use center resources, and order microfilms and microfiche from the Family History Library.
- Many centers offer classes on different genealogical research topics.
- Most centers have a computer with FamilySearch, which helps you search for information about your ancestors. FamilySearch includes Family History Library Catalog, International Genealogical Index, Ancestral File, Social Security Death Index, Scottish Church Records and the United States Military Index
- Most also have Personal Ancestral File, a computer program that allows you to organize your family history information.
- Most centers also have a variety of resource files, microfilms, microfiche and published material such as genealogies, histories, gazetteers, atlases and maps at your disposal.
Family History Centers Near You
Information about state archives and libraries:
Rhode Island State Archives
337 Westminster St.
Providence, RI 02903
Records include colonial petitions and correspondences, state census records, military records, newspapers, tax records, cemetery records, probate records, maps, and federal census records from 1790-1910.
Information about state genealogical societies:
Rhode Island Genealogical Society
507 Clark's Row
Bristol, RI 02809-1581
Publication: Rhode Island Roots
Rhode Island Historical Society
52 Power Street
Providence, RI 02906
See also: Rhode Island Genealogy at Live Roots,
and Original Rhode Island Documents